We are embarking on a wonderful journey with Affies4Kids®, a company dedicated to affirming strong character traits by teaching children the language of positive self-talk.
What is Self-Talk?
- The inner voice we all listen to. It defines us.
- Our constant reminder that we are either good or not so good, either smart or not so smart.
- We all start listening to our inner voice when we are very young children.
What is an Affie?
- A short, easy-to-remember phrase that kids love to repeat, such as "I am kind," "I take turns," "I am a good listener," and "I am dependable."
- Saying Affies every day reinforces solid, life-long character traits.
What is Affieland?
- A place to meet PajamaGramma, her dog Bo, and their forest friends in our modern-day fables.
- A place of adventures to show your little ones how to believe in themselves and develop self confidence.
- A place where kids learn to use positive self-talk to build a foundation of confidence and solid character.
- A place to experience delightful fables, each with its own music, videos, and activities.
What is "Finding Your 5"?
- A fun opportunity to set aside 5 powerful minutes to empower your child with a positive, confident inner voice.
The Key to Success with our Program?
- Stand in front of a mirror with your child, look into your eyes, and repeat the Affie from the story. It is that simple!
- Be amazed at how kids start listening and how they begin to make smart choices.
SDPB Kids and Affies4Kids are partnering together to bring a meaningful, easy-to-use online program to your children. By watching the videos and learning the songs, and most importantly, saying their Affies, children learn the language of positive self-talk. Their inner voices speak confidently and with a resilience that will soon help them navigate life's challenges. You are giving the gift of a positive self-image that will help them in school, on the playground, and at home.