DIY Cardboard Maracas
Make some music with these colorful maracas crafted from recycled toilet paper rolls! This project is a great sensory activity for young children.
- toilet paper rolls
- duct tape
- paint and paint brushes
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cover the end of one toilet paper roll with duct tape.
- Fill the toilet paper roll halfway with rice. We poured some rice in a bowl and scooped the toilet paper roll inside. This part of the craft is a great sensory activity for little hands.
- After you have rice inside your roll, cover the other end of the roll with duct tape.
- Once your maraca is sealed, make a sleeve for it from another toilet paper roll so you can paint it. Slit another roll all the way down one side and wrap it around the rice-filled maraca.
- Glue the outer roll around the maraca. Then paint the maraca sleeve any way you wish! We started with a solid base color and then painted on a design or pattern.
- Wait till it's dry and then make some music