DIY Spring Tree Terrarium
A mini DIY Spring terrarium made from a glass jar, a twig and some colorful tissue paper is a great craft for a gift or just to celebrate the new spring season. This craft project is also a great way to start a conversation with your child about the changing seasons. Do you see blossoms on the trees outside? What do you see before the flowers bloom? Can you create a different terrarium for each season? What would each terrarium look like?
- glass jar with a lid
- small twig that fits in the jar and looks like a tree
- different colored tissue paper (green, pink, yellow)
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Tear off tiny pieces of green tissue paper and scrunch them into crumpled balls. Green tissue paper works best for this part, as we will imagine this is the grass.
- Glue the tiny tissue paper balls onto the bottom of the inside of the jar lid, being careful not to get too close to the edge. We want to be able to screw the jar lid onto the jar when we are finished.
- Next, tear off tiny pieces of colored tissue paper and glue those to the "branches" of your twig.
- Glue the bottom of the twig (which should look like the trunk of the tree) to the bottom of the inside of the jar lid with the green paper.
- Carefully place the jar over the tiny tree you have created and screw the lid on.