DIY Turkey Wings
Looking for a fun Thanksgiving craft? Well look no further with these colorful DIY Turkey wings. With a few simple materials, your little gobbeler will be strutting around in no time! Here is how you can make your own colorful wings for all of the little turkeys in your life. For more fun holiday activities, crafts and recipies, follow the link below.
- a poster board (we used red)
- construction paper (we used brown, orange and yellow)
- pencil or pen
- a hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Cut the poster board into a large semicircle.
- Draw feather shapes on construction paper. The feathers should be rounded at the top--not pointed--and should be almost the full height of the construction paper, and about 3/4 of the width.
- Draw feathers on different colored paper for a fun look. We used brown, yellow and orange paper. Then cut out the feathers.
- Using hot glue, glue the bottom of each feather around the rounded part of the semicircle. Start in the center and create a pattern moving outward.
- Continue gluing feathers all around the curved edge of the semicircle until the entire curve is covered in feathers.
- Flip the entire semicircle (now edged in feathers) over. Then cut out two long strips of poster paper (we used the excess poster paper that remained after cutting out our semicircle) and glue the two strips into loops on the back of the feathers to create straps for the arms. (Tip: You may want to hold up the semicircle to measure the width of your child's shoulders. Then, mark with a pencil before you begin gluing on the looped straps.)
Once your straps are glued on, you are all set for some turkey fun!
For more gobbeling fun, check out the link below!