Duct Tape Wallet
By Vickie Howell of Vickie Howell
- Rolls of Duct Tape in Two Colors
- Ruler or Measuring Tape
Happy Father's Day crafting!
- Create duct "fabric" by cutting tape strips (pieces measuring 8" x 3" and an additional 3 1/2" x 2 1/4" pocket piece.) Lay pieces sticky-side-up; overlap & stick. Repeat until piece is appropriate length. Then, layer pieces sticky-side-down on top of existing piece until it's completely covered. Repeat this process to make the back of the wallet.
- Seal front and back pieces together with tape strips.
- Tape card pocket onto the righthand side of the front of the wallet. Fold wallet in half so that the pocket is now on the inside.
- Cut several small pieces of contrasting tape; stick onto outside of wallet in "DAD" formation.
Vickie Howell is a mother, designer, writer and crafty spokesperson. Vickie is a regular contributor to Crochet Today! Magazine and Craftzine.com, and the spokesperson for the Lands' End FeelGood Campaign. She's also the author of best-selling craft book, AwareKnits: Knit & Crochet Projects for the Eco-Conscious Stitcher. Learn more about Vickie and her projects at www.vickiehowell.com.