Popsicle Stick American Flags
By Ginger Bowie of Ginger Snap Crafts
- 10 Popsicle sticks (we used jumbo ones)
- white paper or card stock and star-shaped hole punch (or: stickers, paint, paper, etc.)
- red and blue paint and a paintbrush
- Cut two 3 ½-inch sticks and three 3-inch sticks.
- Paint the popsicle sticks. You won't need to paint the 3 ½-inch sticks--you'll use those to glue your stripes on. They'll be in the back, so you won't see them. Paint the three 3-inch sticks blue and three uncut sticks red.
- After the paint dries, glue the five stripe sticks (the five uncut sticks) to one of the 3 ½-inch sticks, alternating red and white. Then glue the other 3 1/2-inch stick to the opposite end of the flag for support. Let the flag dry.
- Then glue the three little blue sticks to the top left corner of your flag.
- Punch little stars out of your white paper or card stock with your star punch. If you don’t have a star punch, you can use stickers or paint, or cut out stars with scissors.
- Glue on the stars and let the flag dry well. If you want to make the flag for holding, glue an extra popsicle stick to the bottom of the flag so you can wave it around. Make sure it's glued on tightly.
Decorate the house with your flags! I hot glued our flags to a long piece of red ribbon, then tied 6-inch pieces of ribbon between the flags after I hung our flag banner on the mantle. Have a happy Fourth of July!
Ginger is the blogger behind Ginger Snap Crafts, a place where she shares simple DIY projects, craft ideas, recipes, and more. Ginger is the wife to an amazing guy and a mom to five wild and crazy kiddos. She has a crazy and busy life, but wouldn't change a thing! Head over to Ginger Snap Crafts for inspiration to create along with her!