Tissue Paper Stained Glass for Mothers
If you are still looking for a perfect Mothers Day gift, here is a great homemade option! Show your mom you love her by making a beautiful heart stained glass window. If you already have a Mothers Day gift, this is still a fun craft for all ages to enjoy!
- tissue paper (we made hearts and used pink, red and white)
- construction paper (again, we used pink, red and white)
- clear contact paper
- tape OR hole punch and string (optional)
1. Cut pink, red and white tissue paper in approximately 1/2 to 1-inch squares. A little goes a long way!
2. Fold a sheet of construction paper in half and cut out a large heart. You can unfold the heart to check out the shape. Refold it to make any adjustments.
3. While the heart is still folded, make a parallel cut about 1" inside the heart. This will give you your window frame. Save the inside heart cutout to make a smaller version later.
4. Open the heart and center it on a piece of contact paper.
5. Place the squares of tissue paper inside the heart on the contact paper. Be careful not to go over the edge of the window frame. When the heart is filled with tissue paper, place a second piece of contact paper over the whole thing. Be careful not to make any air bubbles.
6. Cut away the excess contact paper. If you leave a little bit around the edge of the heart, it will stick together better.
7. You can now either tape your heart in a window or use a hole punch at the top and hang it with string.
For more kid friendly crafts, click the link below! And Happy Mothers day to all of the mom, aunts, and grandmothers out there!