Savor Dakota: Honey Apple Cake Recipe
Last Updated by
Apple-Honey Cakes: Episode 204, Desserts
by Chef MJ Adams
1 1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
9 TBSP melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup apple mixture (1/4 cup grated 3/4 cup cut into small dice)
2 large eggs
1 TBSP grated orange zest
Mini bundt pan that holds 6 cakes or a bundt pan that holds at least 6 cups.
1. Place dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the apple mixture into the dry ingredients tossing well. The flour coats the apples and helps prevent them from all sinking to the bottom.
3. In another bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar, honey, eggs and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture making sure you mix until you no longer see any flour.
5. Portion evenly with a spoon into the greased and floured mini bundt pan.
6. Bake around 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Let cool for a minute and turn out onto a sheet pan.
8. Let cool completely.
9. Drizzle with the honey mixture.
10. Let it set for 10 minutes to harden the drizzle.
Enjoy with a cup of Earl Grey Tea or a glass of Prosecco.
Apple Honey Cake Drizzle
1 1/2 cup of Confectioners sugar (sifted)
1/8 cup of lemon juice, 1 T of warm honey
1. Place the confections sugar into a bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice and the warm honey.
3. Mix well.
4. Let set for a minute or two to thicken.
You could also use fresh squeezed orange juice in place of lemon juice.
If the mixture is too stiff, add another tsp. or 2 of lemon juice.
Note: If using organic or local apples, I leave the skins on otherwise I would peel the apples.