Basketball Pick' Em Contest Rules
Official Rules – High School Basketball Pick-em
To be eligible to participate in the High School Basketball Pick-em competition, entrants must be U.S. residents, at least 14 years old while residing inside the SDPB viewing area. For the purposes of this competition, the Nielsen Company defines the SDPB broadcast area.
Employees of South Dakota Public Broadcasting, Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station SDPB Television (hereafter “Station”), Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies are ineligible.
How to Play
- You MUST participate in all three class Pick-ems to qualify for the grand prize
- No purchase is necessary to participate. Only one entry (per class) per person.
- Visit sdpb.org/basketball/ and click the “High School Basketball Pick-em” competition tab.
- The contest will begin as soon as all regional high school basketball games are completed for each specific class.
- Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
- All entries become the property of the station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- No more entries will be accepted after 11 am CT on Thursday March 12, 2015
- Winners will be calculated after the conclusion of all three state basketball tournaments.
- Contestants must accurately predict the first, second and third place teams in a class of basketball to be entered into a prize drawing.
- Contestants who accurately predict a class will be entered into a drawing with others who also were correct in their predictions.
- Class AA, A, and B winners will each win a SDPB bag with t-shirt and other miscellaneous items.
- The Grand Prize winner, must have accurately predicted 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in all three classes to be entered in this drawing, will win a SDPB bag, polo and portable charging device.
- If a winner cannot be notified within 2 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers for the respective drawing.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of station. The station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- If the winner lives more than 30 miles from the Station (located in Vermillion, SD), Station will ship the guitar via UPS or USPS (insured) at Station’s expense. Station is not responsible for damage to the Prize that may happen in shipping.
- The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
- South Dakota Public Broadcasting and Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- In claiming the prize, the winner acknowledges that South Dakota Public Broadcasting and the Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Complete Contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at South Dakota Public Broadcasting, 555 N. Dakota St., Vermillion, SD 57069
- For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to SDPB, 555 N.Dakota St., Vermillion, SD 57069 within 2 weeks of the drawing.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. South Dakota Public Broadcasting, Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting, Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this Contest.
- Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or Contest information.
- Station reserves the right to make rules and Contest changes and change the aforementioned Contest dates.
- Entrants understand that by entering Contest they will be automatically subscribed to Station’s electronic newsletters.
- Station does not share, sell or otherwise distribute the names of subscribers to the SDPB electronic newsletters to any organization, other than the Friends of SDPB.
- Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.