By Caroline Gravinoof Salsa Pie Productions
- empty milk carton
- paint and paint brushes
- permanent marker
- sharpened pencil
- small twig
- yarn or string
- Paint an empty milk carton a solid color and allow it to dry.
- Once dry, cut a rectangular opening in the top portion of the carton.
- Decorate the milk carton with a permanent marker. Add details like windows and a scalloped roof if you wish.
- Fill the carton up to the opening with birdseed.
- Have an adult poke a sharpened pencil into the carton just under the opening. Remove the pencil.
- Insert a twig into the hole you poked with the pencil. Make sure the twig is thick enough that you have to kind of force it through so it will stay-put.
- Poke holes in the top sides of the carton and insert a string. Tie the string at the top to form a hanger.
- You are all set! Hang your handmade bird feeder outside and watch and wait as the birds enjoy some birdseed!