Mom Rocks (From PBS Parents)
Turn ordinary rocks into pretty presents for Mom this Mother's Day.
- Soapy water
- Clean water
- Washable craft paint
- Glitter glue
- Decorations, such as sequins, small beads and ribbon
- Empty water bottles
- Tissue paper
- Construction paper
- Old toothbrush or sponge
- Find rocks! Go on a rock hunt around the neighborhood, collecting rocks of all shapes and sizes.
- Clean the rocks. Soak the rocks in warm water so the dirt and grime dissolve. Then scrub the rocks with soapy water so that they're squeaky clean and Mom-worthy. Use old toothbrushes or sponges to really get them shining. Place them on a towel and allow them to dry completely.
- Paint the rocks. Use child-safe paint to cover every inch of the rocks. Blend colors and create patterns, then let the paint dry completely.
- Decorate the rocks. Use glitter glue and sequins to add some pizzazz to the rocks. Layer and use glitter glue to secure sequins and beads.
- For complete directions visit PBS Parents!