Baking with your child is a great way to introduce math concepts like counting, measuring and telling time. (From PBS Parents)
- Buy pre-made dough or make it from scratch.
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 1-4 extra tablespoons of warm water (about 110º F)
- 1 envelope yeast (2.25 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- Corn meal
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your child’s favorite pizza toppings
If using store-bought dough, follow the package’s instructions for getting dough ready, then jump down to step #12.
- Combine the brown sugar and 1 cup of warm water in a large bowl.
- Then add the yeast and stir until it’s dissolved. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, honey, and salt.
- Visit PBS Parents for the remaining directions.