In the Moment, May 14, 2021 Show 1049.
- Jeannie Hovland will discuss Operation Lady Justice and will also talk about her current role with the National Indian Gaming Commission.
- A new tariff wanted by Black Hills Energy would charge customers with solar panels the true cost of their energy. SDPB's Lee Strubinger brings that story.
- Linguist John McWhorter talks about words we can say, words we're not supposed to say, and words we could say last year but can no longer say (and why that's probably a good thing.) His new book is called "Nine Nasty Words: English in the Gutter, Then, Now, and Forever."
- Rapid City Stevens senior Abigail Scott, in her own words, reflects on her final year of high-school during the pandemic.
- Delta David Gier and renowned pianist Emmanuel Ax sit down to discuss local symphonies and their importance to community.
- Gayville Hall celebrates 20 years with a concert this Sunday featuring the Public Domain Tune Band. Former host of SDPB's Morning Classics, Owen DeJong is on fiddle.
You can listen LIVE (12CT/11MT): listen.sdpb.org