Click on links below for programming and support materials that cover multiple goals!
Mathematical Thinking & Expression
Ideas to help children count with understanding and use numbers to tell how many, describe order, and compare. (*Goal CD-4)
- Peg + Cat Camp Day 1
- Curious George Sorts it Out!
- Odd Squad – Double Trouble
- Gasha Go
- The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot – Sort-ma-Gogo
Ideas to help children demonstrate concepts about position, as well as identify and describe simple geometric shapes. (*Goal CD-5)
- Peg + Cat Camp Day 3
- Everyday Learning: Shape Hunt
- Sesame Street – Oscar’s Trash Collection (Interactive)
- Sesame Street – Oscar’s Rotton Ride (Interactive)
Ideas to help children compare, sort, group, organize, measure, and create simple patterns using concrete objects. (*Goal CD-6)
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! – Fish’s Pattern-a-rama
- Peg + Cat Camp Day 2
- Peg + Cat Camp Day 4
- Peg + Cat Camp Day 5
- Sid the Science Kid – Growing Plants
- Sid the Science Kid – Non-Standard Measurement
Ideas to help children use mathematical thinking to ask questions and solve problems. (*Goal CD-7)
Scientific Exploration and Knowledge
Children observe, describe the characteristics of, and demonstrate respect for living things, the environment, and the physical world. (*Goal CD-8)
Children demonstrate their ability to use scientific inquiry by observing, manipulating objects, asking questions, making predictions, and developing generalizations. (*Goal CD-9)
Social Studies, Family and Community Connections
Through their explorations, play, and social interactions, children demonstrate an understanding of relationships, roles, and what it means to be a participating member of their families and the diverse groups/communities they belong to. (*Goal CD-10)
- Practice taking action to improve your world
- Discover how to overcome obstacles in order to take civic action for a cause you care about
- Learn how students can work together, talk through problems, and effect positive change
- Help children understand themselves and those around them.
- Appreciating and Understanding Diversity
- This collection focuses on food, folktales, and other aspects of cultural heritage.
- Singer Usher: Unique
- A song that celebrates the qualities that make each person unique.
- A good friend helps another friend, especially when they are nervous or afraid.
- A song that celebrates the fact that there is nobody quite like you!
- Children of all ages gain an appreciation for new people and places.
Through their explorations, play, and social interactions children identify and demonstrate appreciation of similarities and differences between themselves and others. (*Goal CD-11)
- Alike and Different
- When We All Work Together
- Spanish Me, English Me - Help cultivate a positive self image in kids
- Come Along with Me - different ways to get where you are going
- Same/Different with Abby and Elmo
- Song: I Love My Hair - A catchy tune about loving your natural hair!
- The Latino Festival Song - Mando sings about Spanish-speaking countries in the world!
- Splash and Bubbles
Creative Arts and Expression
- PBS Learning Media Dance Comprehensive List of PBS Dance Resources
- Pinkalicious and Peterific Dance collection.
- Sesame Street Dance 1 A song about dance! Mambo, merengue, samba, these are just some of the bailes that exist. This resource teaches the Spanish word for dance, and introduces different forms of dance.
- Sesame Street Dance 2 Different styles of dance are highlighted in this video with Zoe and the Feijoo Sisters dancing.
- Sesame Street Dance 3 Shake shake the Mango Tree! Follow the steps to learn the Mango Tree song and dance! Use this video to enhance memorization skills and practice colors and numbers.
- Sesame Street Dance 4 Teach kids to move their bodies and use their working memory by doing the robot dance!
- Sesame Street Dance 5 Elmo has a new dance called the Elmo Slide. Follow Elmo as he teaches a new kind of dance! This music video explores relational concepts through dance and movement.
- Sesame Street Dance 6 Zoe loves to dance and needs your help to choose a costume and pick the dance moves. Put all of the moves together to see them in sequence! This game is only compatible with desktop computers.
- Sesame Street Dance 7 Match and categorize colors and patterns with Elmo and Abby Cadabby in this fun dress-up game. Once you correctly choose the requested outfit, you can dress up Elmo or Abby in any silly combination that you choose and make them have a dance party!
- KidVision 1 Penny and the KidVision Kids learn about West African dance and music. They listen to a storyteller, make and wear traditional dance attire, play dundun drums and dance the Lamba, and watch a professional performance by Delou Africa!
- KidsVision 2 Aloha! Penny and the KidVision kids learn about Hawaiian art, dance, and music. We find Hawaii on a map, make leis, learn to hula and play the ukulele, and go to a luau!
- KidsVision 3 Celebrate Hispanic Heritage and learn about Flamenco! Join Penny and the KidVision VPK kids at a Flamenco lesson. Learn about Spanish dance movements and music. Come with us and clap, snap, stomp, and express emotions with your bodies. Olé!
- Dance Arts Toolkit Videos in the Dance Arts Toolkit collection include the history and elements of dance. Through live performances and interviews, the collection represents a wide variety of cultures, periods, and styles of dance.
Drama and Theatre
- PBS Learning Media Resources - Theatre Comprehensive List of PBS Theatre and Drama Resources
- Pinkalicious Drama Collection
- Drama Arts Toolkit Videos in the Drama Arts Toolkit collection include the history and elements of theater as well as a behind-the-scenes look at theater production from the planning stages to the final performance. Through live performances and interviews, the collection represents a wide variety of cultures, periods, and styles of drama.
- PBS Learning Media – Music Comprehensive list of PBS Music Resources
- Pinkalicious Music Collection
- Music Arts Toolkit Videos in the Music Arts Toolkit collection explore the history and elements of music. Through live performances and interviews, the collection represents a wide variety of cultures, periods, and styles of music.
- Let's Go Tuna Explore Beijing, China with Luna, Andy, Carmen, and Leo in these stories and activities from the PBS KIDS show Let's Go Luna! In these short videos, find out about traditional Chinese drums, still played in China today. Check out the support materials tab for fun classroom ideas. Try making your very own rattle drum and Chinese lantern.
- Pinkalicious Visual Arts Collection
- Visual Arts Toolkit Videos in the Visual Arts Toolkit collection explore the elements of art and the principles of design as well as the design process from the planning stages to final creation. Through demonstrations and artist interviews, the collection represents a wide variety of cultures and artwork in a range of media.
- Let’s Go Luna! Explore Moscow, Russia with Luna, Andy, Carmen, and Leo in these stories and activities from the PBS KIDS show Let's Go Luna! In these short videos, find out about matryoshka dolls, traditional toys still made by hand in Russia today. Check out the support materials tab for fun classroom ideas. Try making your very own matryoshka dolls and learn about how to dress for the cold Russian winters in Moscow.
- Comprehensive List of PBS Visual Arts Resources