SDPB Legacy Society
The SDPB’s Legacy Society is composed of generous and forward-thinking donors who will support SDPB’s long-term success through a planned gift. Becoming a Legacy Society member ensures that we will remain South Dakota’s most trusted news and entertainment outlet for generations to come.
Planned gifts give you the opportunity to leave your mark on this vital resource. Whatever your stage in life, it is a good idea to think about and plan for how your affairs will be handled. A few simple steps can help ensure your loved ones are protected and that the charitable causes that mean the most to you are remembered.
Join the more than 150 families who have made Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting part of their estate plans. To create a legacy contact the Friends office or call 800-456-0766.
As our way of saying thanks, SDPB Legacy Society Members will receive:
• Invitation to annual Legacy Society Induction event
• Artisan made sculpture, Generations
• Invitations to exclusive SDPB events and screenings
• Lifetime subscription to SDPB Magazine
• Recognition in SDPB Magazine, reaching 12,000/issue
Major Giving | (605) 677-5861
How to Leave Your Mark on this Vital Community Resource
• Bequest - A will or trust is the simplest way to distribute your estate and is an easy way to designate gifts. Name SDPB as a recipient of a specific gift amount or percentage of your estate.
• Beneficiary Designation - Name SDPB the beneficiary (or partial beneficiary) of your IRA, life insurance policy, CDs, bank account or any account that allows a beneficiary.
• Life Income
• Charitable Remainder Trust – A charitable remainder trust allows you to keep the cash flow from the property contributed to the trust, and upon your death(s), the property that remains is distributed to Friends of SDPB.
• Charitable Lead Trust – A charitable lead trust allows Friends of SDPB to receive cash flow, usually for a limited term of years.
• Charitable Gift Annuities – A charitable gift annuity allows you to make a gift to Friends of SDPB and receive fixed payments for life on a schedule of your choice.
A bequest to the Friends of SDPB will qualify your estate for a charitable deduction equal to the entire amount you bequeath.
NOTE: The Internal Revenue Service recognizes the Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting as a tax-deductible, 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Our tax identification number is 23-7310698.
“I am a long-time supporter of SDPB and hold it in high regard. It is a vital news and information source for South Dakota. My family supported SDPB’s endowment to ensure quality programs for generations of South Dakotans.”
– ARLENE KIRBY
Copyright ©2022 South Dakota Public Broadcasting | All rights reserved.