Planned Gifts Ensure Long-Term Sustainability
Whether made during your lifetime or through an estate plan, your gift provides ongoing support. Our endowment funds have grown steadily over the years. Gifts to our endowment funds may be directed to any one of the following locations:
- Friends of SDPB Private Endowment
- South Dakota Community Foundation
- Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation
- Black Hills Area Community Foundation
- Watertown Area Community Foundation
The Friends of SDPB Board of Directors have determined that our Endowment management objective is to provide a constant stream of revenue to help meet South Dakota Public Broadcasting's operational needs.
Planned gifts give you the opportunity to leave your mark on this vital resource. Whatever your stage in life, it is a good idea to think about and plan for how your affairs will be handled. A few simple steps can help ensure your loved ones are protected and that the charitable causes that mean the most to you are remembered.
SDPB Legacy Society
SDPB’s Legacy Society is composed of generous and forward-thinking donors who support SDPB’s long-term success through a planned gift or an endowment gift given during their lifetime.
Becoming a Legacy Society member ensures that we will remain South Dakota’s most trusted news and entertainment outlet for generations to come. To create a legacy, contact one of our helpful Friends staff members listed on the right.
Legacy Society Members benefits include:
- Invitation to annual Legacy Society Induction event
- Artisan made sculpture, Generations
- Invitations to exclusive SDPB events and screenings
- Lifetime subscription to SDPB Magazine
- Recognition in SDPB Magazine and our Annual Report
At SDPB we bring you stories that inspire, and we'd love to hear yours! If you choose to include Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting in your estate plans, or have not yet notified us that you have done so, please contact us so we may thank you and acknowledge your role in our SDPB Legacy Society.
Individual/Major Giving | (605) 677-5861
Chief Executive Officer
and Major Giving
ryan.howlett at sdpb.org
IRS Tax ID/EIN
The IRS recognizes Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting as a Tax-Deductible, 501(c) 3 Non-Profit Organization.
Our Tax Identification Number (EIN):
How to Leave Your Mark on this Vital Community Resource
• Bequest - A will or trust is the simplest way to distribute your estate and is an easy way to designate gifts. Name SDPB as a recipient of a specific gift amount or percentage of your estate.
• Beneficiary Designation - Name SDPB the beneficiary (or partial beneficiary) of your IRA, life insurance policy, CDs, bank account or any account that allows a beneficiary.
• Charitable Remainder Trust – A charitable remainder trust allows you to keep the cash flow from the property contributed to the trust, and upon your death(s), the property that remains is distributed to Friends of SDPB.
• Charitable Lead Trust – A charitable lead trust allows Friends of SDPB to receive cash flow, usually for a limited term of years.
• Charitable Gift Annuity – A charitable gift annuity allows you to make a gift to Friends of SDPB and receive fixed payments for life on a schedule of your choice.
A bequest to the Friends of SDPB will qualify your estate for a charitable deduction equal to the entire amount you bequeath.
“I am a long-time supporter of SDPB and hold it in high regard. It is a vital news and information source for South Dakota. My family supported SDPB’s endowment to ensure quality programs for generations of South Dakotans.”
– ARLENE KIRBY
Copyright ©2022 Friends of South Dakota Public Broadcasting | All rights reserved.