Your gifts impact South Dakota!
Since 2019, SDPB has:
- Expanded the reporting staff and journalism beats by hiring Seth Tupper, Business & Economic Development Reporter, and Richard Two Bulls, Diversity Reporter
- Built new boutique studios at BHSU, NSU & SDSU with one planned for Pine Ridge in 2021.
- Enhanced reporting on the state’s COVID-19 and economic impacts
- Created "Dakota Life Virtual" to share more stories about our rural communities
- Partnered with South Dakota organizations like South Dakota News Watch, the South Dakota Hall of Fame, and local arts organizations
Sound Vision reflects SDPB’s innovations in how we gather and share South Dakota’s stories. Through the commitment of the Friends of SDPB, over $1 million has already been raised to build new studios and update facilities across the state. Thank you!
The last chapter of the Sound Vision campaign raises $2.0 million to develop crucial news content and meaningful programs for all South Dakotans, wherever we are. Your investment enables SDPB to provide more local journalism, more Pre-K-12 educational resources, and more local events in more South Dakota communities.
April 8: SoundVision Public Phase Kickoff (virtual)
September 17-18: Friends of SDPB Fall Board Meeting
SoundVision Campaign Contacts
For questions or more information, contact one of our campaign staff:
Chief Executive Officer
and Major Giving
ryan.howlett at sdpb.org
Sound Vision Campaign Coordinator
meg.hentges at sdpb.org
Major Giving and Donor Engagement
carol.johnson at sdpb.org