Toilet paper roll (or other cardboard tube)
Old Paper bag or thick paper
Black and White Paint
1. Cut the cardboard tube down to the size you want.
2. Paint the tube with black craft acrylic paint. While the paint is drying, cut out some bat wing shapes from your bag/paper using the template. Hint: be sure to leave a little extra room where the wing will be attached to the cardboard, as that part will be folded over and attached to the roll.
3. Cut two small black triangles for the bat ears. Once the tube is dry, paint a simple bat face using white craft acrylic paint.
4. After the bat face is dry, adhere the bat wings to the body of the bat by folding over a bit of the wing and placing glue on the folded tab. Place a dot of glue on each bat ear. Stick them to the inside of the tube.
5. Once the glue is dry, you're all done! The real magic happens when you decide just what to do with these little bats. You can use them as finger puppets and put on a spooky show or use them as napkin holders for a haunted feast. You can also sticks bags of candy inside for a cool school treat, and of course, you can always just set them out for decoration.