Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

3 found dead after North Sioux City house fire

Three people are dead after an explosion sparked a house fire in southeast South Dakota.

It happened Saturday morning at a home along McCook Lake in North Sioux City, according to Union County Emergency Management.

Flames had fully engulfed the house by the time firefighters arrived, officials said. Crews searched the home and found three people dead inside. Their names haven’t been released.

The South Dakota Fire Marshal said the fire was caused by a propane explosion.