To reinforce the importance of the written account of history, the students will develop a fictitious narration for the film or a section of the film.
Things To Do
1. Watch Blackboards and Computers.
2. Complete Episode Quiz individually or as a group. (Note: The quiz has additional information and related video.)
3. Student Glossary (PDF)
- Print Crossword Puzzle, (answers), and distribute to class.
4. Discussion Cards (PDF)
5. Class Activity - Long Walk (PDF)
6. The one-room schoolhouse may seem like a distant memory from U.S. history, but about 200 of them still exist today. (More)
Episode 11 Script
Native American Boarding School Video
On this page you will find educational resources for the Dakota Pathways episode called Blackboards and Computers. There is an episode guide, additional videos, activities, and more.
Roosevelt High School in Sioux Falls is creating a culture of inclusivity.
Spotlight Education celebrates the work of teachers and educators and underscores the importance of convening a dialogue around education.
One of the most contentious issues in education today is how much our schools have, or haven't, kept up with the times.
Over 200 students enrolled in the class and it is very likely that this was the first distance learning class offered in the state of South Dakota.