By Valerie Deneen of Inner Child Fun
- plastic bags
- an empty soda bottle
- Cut a ring from the soda bottle as shown. (Note: The edges may be a little sharp, so use caution.)
- Cut 1-inch wide strips out of the plastic bags. If you have colored bags, you can use a variety to make your windsock multicolored.
- Fold each strip in half and thread the folded end through the soda bottle ring. You should have a loop on one side of the ring and the tails on the other.
- Thread the tails of the plastic strip through the loop and pull gently. Repeat with all of your plastic strips until the soda bottle ring is completely covered.
- Tightly tie each end of the string around the soda bottle ringand use the loose string to hang your windsock on any hook. Hang securely and enjoy on a windy day!
Valerie Deneen is the author of "Inner Child Fun," where she inspires parents to spend more quality time with their kids and less money doing it. "Inner Child Fun" celebrates simple pleasures for all ages—with more than 1,000 frugal and creative projects that are sure to bring out the kid in you too!