Paper Clip Bookmarks
- Jumbo Paper Clips
- Glue (Liquid Fusion or hot glue work well.)
- Misc. Buttons & Decorative Bits
- Wax Paper
Next time you need a place marker, reach for your homemade bookmarks!
- Choose your button or bit. I found the chip board letters used in the book marks below in the scrapbooking section of the craft store. Other options include game pieces or magazine letters glued onto card stock. (Turn this step into a game by challenging your child to find their own initials or spell out the name of a character in the book their reading!)
- Glue paper clip to the back of a decorative bit. This is a great opportunity to use those random buttons collected from old clothes and grandma's sewing basket.
- Let the bookmark dry on a piece of wax paper. While you're waiting, make some more. This time, play with layering buttons with silly bits like google eyes!
Vickie Howell is a mother, designer, writer and crafty spokesperson. Vickie is a regular contributor to Crochet Today! Magazine and Craftzine.com, and the spokesperson for the Lands' End FeelGood Campaign. She's also the author of best-selling craft book, AwareKnits: Knit & Crochet Projects for the Eco-Conscious Stitcher. Learn more about Vickie and her projects at www.vickiehowell.com.