Savor Dakota Fall: Chimichuri Sauce
By Chef MJ Adams as seen on Savor Dakota Episode 3: Fall
Great for Grilled Meats and fish Serves 4: 1/4 cup of sauce or 4 T. each
1 cup of flat parsley leaves, washed, dried well and chopped. You could use curly parsley but I prefer flat.
• Don’t over chop: The parsley should be sized so that you could pick up with your fingers and would easily sprinkle.
1 T. of fresh garlic, minced (about 3 medium cloves)
1/4 Cup of red wine vinegar
3/4 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
squeeze of a lemon (about 1/2 T.)
1 tsp. salt ( I prefer diamond crystal but you could use Morton’s Kosher Salt)
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
• Place the garlic, sprinkle with salt and add the squeeze of lemon.
• Put this in a bowl that is large enough to hold all of the above ingredients.
• Let set for a few minutes. The salt helps cure the garlic and take some of the bite out of it.
• Put in the vinegar, parsley red pepper flakes and olive oil.
• Mix well.
Notes: you want to mix this and let set about an hour or two before you need. The flavors need to mingle and develop. This will last a few days but it is always the best the day of.