Savor Dakota: Wojapi Recipe
Last Updated by
Chokecherry Wojapi by Mavis Two Bulls and Rachel Nava
As seen on Savor Dakota Episode 104: Winter
8 Chokecherry Patties
OR you may use 6 cups of frozen berries
6 Cups of Water
3 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in a cup of liquid
1 Cup of Sugar
• Soak the dried choke cherry patties for a couple of hours and then place in pan and break them up.
• Once the liquid is hot, add sugar and let it melt. You can add less or more sugar to taste.
• Add thickening agent (cornstarch) gradually, as needed.
• Boil and stir until it thickens up.
• Add more thickener if needed.
• Continue to stir. You may thicken to taste. Some prefer thick, others prefer a more soup like consistency.